Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

A Night of Mexican-Americana

Tonight was the night I’d been looking forward to for a long time.

Three great things about tonight (in chronological order):

  1. We ate Taco Bell tacos. The “we” to which I refer is (in alphabetical order) Amy, Joel, Mary Dale, and Sarah. I had a 12 pack of Mountain Dew cans that my Mom had brought me when she visited in June, and everyone knows that Taco Bell and Mountain Dew go together like hot chocolate and donuts. So earlier this week I had found some real, imported, American sour cream at the rich people’s grocery store in Zona Esmeralda. That was the trigger for finally making this Taco Bell taco party a reality. We had taco meat made with American taco seasoning from a pouch (smuggled by me), shredded lettuce (imported), fresh grated cheddar cheese (imported), hard corn and soft flour tortillas (authentically Mexican), guacamole (made by me with all Mexican ingredients), finely diced tomatoes (once again, Mexican), and the aforementioned sour cream and Mountain Dew (imported and smuggled by my Mom, respectively).
  2. We watched the USA soccer team beat the Mexican soccer team. In a very one-sided game. Mexico never had a chance. Two nothing. Less than two weeks before Mexican Independence Day. It’s not that I’m gloating here, but it sure is nice when loudmouths are silenced. Utterly silenced. No room for even the least discussion.
  3. We watched Napoleon Dynamite. Napoleon Dynamite is perhaps the funniest movie ever made. I don’t know yet if it is better than Dumb and Dumber, but it is at least even. If you’ve never seen it, stop what you’re doing. Don’t even finish reading my blog. Go to the nearest retail outlet that sells movies and buy it. Don’t rent it. You’ll waste your money renting it, because you’ll end up buying the movie before you go back to the video store to return the rented copy.

So, if you’re still reading this, that means you’ve already seen (and bought) Napoleon Dynamite, and you can agree with me when I ask, "What better way to finish off a night of celebrating Mexican-Americana?"


Comments:
lol...sounds like you had an exciting tex-mex night. lol..ya'll are some crazy people! haha..jk! neways...i hope you don't gloat like that when you're around other mexicans...i personally don't want you to be dead before i see you again. lol..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?