Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Little Things

It's almost the end of the second week since we returned to school after the Christmas break. It is going well so far. There was an incident last week, but it seems like things have cleared up there. We had a mission function last Saturday, and there is another one this Saturday. I'm probably weird for saying this, but I actually like the mission functions. It gives me a chance to see people that I don't see very often. I don't like meetings, but I like talking to people I don't normally get to talk to. I also like eating, but there aren't any big meals during these two things. Last Saturday at the thing, I was surprised at how everyone rushed off so quickly. I would like to have stuck around and talked longer, but I guess most people have "more important" things. What could be more important than talking to me? I couldn't imagine.

Little things... a caffe mocha from Starbucks and a piece of carrot cake from El Globo... pizza with hot sauce... cool breezy night walks through my neighborhood or around Satélite.... I don't know much about the "big things," so I guess it's good that I can enjoy the "little things." For now... I keep looking forward, but I'm not sure if that's what I should be doing. Because then I start to wonder how strong I am to endure the little things without the big things. But I guess that's the wrong question. I should be asking how strong is the one who gives me strength. Stronger than strength... that's the answer to that one.

This probably seems like a strange blog entry to you. I guess I'm in one of those moods... introspective and abstract... public and private... wanting to share but not wanting to reveal... one of those moods.... So I apologize for the weirdness here. Thanks for enduring! I've really been trying to write, but my thoughts just won't translate to words I can put down. Why can't I think straight?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?