Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

A Song to Pass the Time

When I say song, I mean blog update. And when I say to pass the time, I mean full of random thoughts.

I like that title though, because it’s a great song by Bright Eyes.

If I could go to a good music store right now (I haven’t found any in Mexico City), I’d buy something by Bright Eyes. And I’d buy something by 10,000 Maniacs and some Natalie Merchant solo action.

Several years ago a friend made me a cd full of emo, with stuff like Bright Eyes and Konstantine. That’s still a cool song. These are my favorite lines:

This is because I can spell “konfusion” with a “k” and I can like it.
It’s to dying in another’s arms and why I had to try it.
It’s to Jimmy Eat World and those nights in my car...


I got my wish tonight. It’s actually raining. Real rain, not just a scattered sprinkle. It’s so hot and dry and dusty here. Once the rain stops I’ll open the windows and let the cool moist air fill the house. And I’ll sleep in that different air.

I haven’t done a lot during the break, but I have taken time to do the number one thing on my list: rest. I need to do more of the number two: read. Maybe I can do that soon, after I finish this.

I have been reading people’s blogs all night. I enjoy reading people’s blogs, even though I don’t know them. Hey you, if you’re reading this and have a blog, I probably read it. Even if you don’t know me. You probably found mine through the same random connections that I found yours. Sometimes I want to comment on those blogs (those of people I don’t know), but I think it might be seen as weird. So I never do. But if you’re reading this, you can feel free to comment on anything (within reason). I wouldn’t think it weird.

Maybe that’s me being a wimp. Telling people I don’t know they can comment on my blog, but refusing to comment on their blogs.

Time to go read some.

Comments:
prof...your so random! lol...i don't think i've ever heard of 1000..whatever...i'll have to listen to them WHEN I COME VISIT!!!!! ahhhhhh...so i'm coming..actually..i haven't officially bought the tickets yet..but i'm coming becuz i have to or i'm going to die! lol..i miss mexico so------o much so i've gots to go! lol...but i'll have to ask amy or someone if i can stay with them cuz i'm definitely not rich enough to stay at a hotel..haha...but yeah...neways...just thought i'd let ya know...we gotta talk soon..cuz it's been awhile..haha..maybe a week or something? haha...well..neways..i think it's been awhile so we should talk..haha..okay..well get online at the same time as me...which is never..lol..but maybe we'll get lucky..haha..okay..i'm leaving now..since i've already written a novel..but neways...goodbye and ciao! -- kathy
 
so yeah, u don't comment on other peeps blogs, so they don't even know u have one....WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????? I already know u're weird, so it wouldn't have mattered....anyway, glad I'm not the only one who does the random blog thing. Anyhoo, Feliz 5 de Mayo(not that ya'll celebrate that, but we sure do!!!!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?