Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

Butterfingers

One Wednesday evening when I in the seventh grade or so, my youth pastor Derrick brought a bunch of Butterfinger candy bars to Impact, the normal Wednesday night youth event. He gave a whole Butterfinger bar to all the people who brought their Bibles that night, which was about two or three. I was in agony! If only I'd brought my Bible! A crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery Butterfinger bar could've been mine! For free! Did I bring my Bible to church next Wednesday? You bet I did. So did 95% of the people who didn't get a candy bar. The "Butterfinger Revival" lasted several weeks. I continued to bring my Bible to church for a long time after that. But for the next four of five years that Derrick was my youth pastor, he never again brought Butterfinger bars.

Comments:
and the point of that story was?!?! lol...thanks anyways! -- kathy
 
The point of the story? He missed the Butterfinger! Oh, so close, within his grasp, but failure to put on the Full armour of God cost so dearly. The sword, oh, the sword! If only he had picked up the sword of the Spirit before going to church that night, he would have stood firm against dark forces AND received a crispety, crunchety, nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger bar. I know, Joel. I understood the point completely. I've been there myself. Actually, I was there the same night you were there, which makes sense, because this is your brother.
 
You got it! I didn't remember if either you or my Justin were there that night or not. Yep, I thought the point was obvious.

Some people like to find "meaning" in stories, so I'll try to give it some. I have had similar situations happen to me all through my life. I wasn't ready, so I missed out.
 
I'm a little late in finding this...but I LOVE THAT STORY!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?