Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Unfocused Typing

I'm still alive. I'm still here. I'm just tired.

Maybe it's because I haven't done any real exercise since before Christmas. Maybe that's why I'm so tired all the time. Why haven't I done any real exercise? Because I'm too tired in the mornings. It's a vicious circle, I know.

It's burning season here in Mexico City. They like to burn the dead brush on the hills all around the city. I've known this for a while, so it shouldn't have surprised me when I looked out a few minutes ago and saw the hill in front of my house on fire. It did startle me, however. But only for a few seconds. I'm better now.

I didn't write a Thanksgiving blog entry last year. Nor a Christmas entry. I didn't even write an entry celebrating the birth of my new nephew Elijah. Neither did I write a New Year's blog entry. It's already February now. Will I write a birthday entry? How about a Valentine's Day entry? Some friends have planned a big party in Xochimilco on Saturday for my birthday. I'm excited. I don't know about Valentine's Day, but I imagine there won't be anything to write about this year.

I finished the "space trilogy" by CS Lewis a couple of weeks ago. It was really good. I had been reading those books since sometime in November (or perhaps October). The first two flew by, but the third took a while to get going. I really liked all three. CS Lewis is my favorite writer. I've read more of his books than any other.... probably more CS Lewis in the last year than all the others combined.

If you read this all the way through, I thank you. I'm writing this for you, Faithful Reader. That's the name I'm going to give you. I could've titled tonight's drivel "Scattered Thoughts," but I didn't want to overuse that phrase.

I wish I knew what to do. My term here will end at the close of the school year in early June. I have some ideas in my head, but I'm not so sure about any of them. I know what my "best" plan would be, but it would involve some serious quick developments. Something really big coming from the nothing that exists right now. And I don't really know that it's best. Hence the quotation marks. I'm writing in vague language here, I know.

I am going to stop writing now. Faithful Reader, you are the greatest.

Comments:
PROF!!!!!!!! so i'm officially mad at you! you haven't written me back or anything...way to be a bud! lol..jk! i see that your life has been difficult! Lol..oh yeah..by the way..HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! i hope you have an amazing one! i was going to come for it but...an issue called money came up..lol..so...that was a problem but try to have a happy birthday without me! haha..jk! neways...i'm glad things are going good though...have fun tomorrow!! ciao!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?