Thursday, July 08, 2004

 

Nothing Good to Write

So it's been almost a week since I've written. I'm actually considering this Thursday night, although it is actually like 1:00 on Friday morning. The blogger program will stamp the actual time at the bottom for you. I still don't have anything good to write, but since I just spent quite a bit of time writing four pages in my journal, I figured I could spare some words for my blog. But it'll only be words, and not good thoughts... no "inspirational thoughts" as secret agent Herman Johnnie IV called them. I don't think I can spare any thoughts for the moment; I'm trying to use all my powers for good right now. Maybe I'm in a superhero frame of mind, since I watched Spider Man 2 last night. I get too wrapped up in movies. I got too caught up in the Lord of the Rings movies and so I tried writing all old-timey and what not, and trying to use phrases and sayings that they used way back when. Now I'm thinking I have super powers, and that this responsibility will cost me my dream, the thing I most desire... yeah, I'm definitely in too much of a Spider Man mood.... But I'm torn between the two... the thing I want to think of as being "my life" (when it actually isn't mine at all, I've been bought with a price, remember)... and the responsibility of being where I am, at this time, for this purpose, etc. Hmm..... no good thoughts there, just random babbling.

So what else is new? I finally moved this week. This new house is a decent house. I have two complaints though. The bathroom and kitchen are very small, the bathroom to the point that I have to get in and close the door to get clear access to the sink, and the kitchen to the point that the dishes are put up in the cabinet in the separate dining room, because there is not a cupboard big enough to store the dishes, apparently. I actually haven't tried to rearrange things yet; that's just the way it was when I arrived. The other complaint is that there is no place for me to go outside where I can have any measure of privacy. My old house had a small backyard / patio area, and also an upstairs patio area with good privacy. The place I was staying for the last month had a closed-in parking area that was nice and large and provided a decent place to be outside in privacy. What's the big deal with me being outside and wanting to be shielded from the neighbors? I grew up for many years in the country, on 100 acres. From our front porch we couldn't see any other houses. I could walk for hours around the farm, if I had the energy and the desire to do so, without ever leaving the privacy of our own land. It'll be an adjustment for me here in this house. There is actually a back patio, but I don't think it's well suited for anything. So anyway, those aren't very good thoughts either, just more babbling.

The last thing I think I'll write tonight is that I'm getting ready to go to Texas for meetings. I'll have to pack a bag tomorrow, though we're not leaving until Sunday, since I'll be sending a bag with someone who has a car bigger than a Neon. I'm riding up to Texas in a Neon with two Journeygirls, so I figured I'd go ahead and send my stuff along with someone with a van. I don't want there to be any problems with all the luggage fitting. Then next Friday, I'm flying up to South Carolina for a friend's wedding. So I'll have a busy time for the next week and more. I guess that's all I can write tonight. It is after one in the morning, after all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?