Monday, June 28, 2004

 

Looking Up

I'm sitting here goofing off at the computer, and I look out the window into the darkness, and I notice a bright light... it's the moon... the moon! I haven't seen the moon in a long time. It's been raining every night for the last couple of weeks, which means it's been cloudy during the nighttime. I noticed the moon out the window, so I went out and looked up and saw the moon and two stars. I guess, considering the glare from the millions of city lights and the way the smog has been so thick for the last month, the moon and two stars isn't bad. I could actually almost see the outlines of the tall buildings in Santa Fe this afternoon... almost. That's about as clear as it has been in June. The moon and two stars isn't much, considering what a clear night back home looks like, but it is nice to be able to walk out into the cool night air and look up and see something other than orange-glowing clouds.

Comments:
aww...the moon! i love the moon! that's one of the biggest things i missed while i was there...seeing the sky at night...it's awesome. the other night a friend and i laid in the street in front of my house just looking at the stars and the moon. it's great, huh? i'm glad you got to see the moon...sometimes just small things like that make you feel at home in a foreign land!
 
Yeah, I love looking at the sky too. When I was talking that time about walking out through the woods at night, that's what I was talking about... walking through the woods to get to the big field out behind the house, where the trees don't block the view up. I discovered the first time I was here that a good time for looking at the stars in Mexico City is about 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning during the months of November and December. It's freezing cold during that time of the year, but it was the best time I e'er found. I e'en gave some of my students extra credit in science class for getting up at 4:00 and standing out in the cold to look at the stars. We were trying to see the November meteor showers, but we missed them by a day.
 
pROF. yOU aRE aMAZING! I LVE YOUR INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS!! MARRY ME!

YOURS TRULY[hERMAN jOHNNIE IV]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?