Tuesday, June 22, 2004

 

Two in a Row

I am worn out tonight. I've been out in the sun all day for the past two days. It hasn't been hot here at all for the past few days, but the sun is so high in the sky that it is a killer. My face and neck are bright red. Fortunately, I remembered to wear a cap, so my scalp hasn't gotten too badly burned.

My geometry students have been out of the city on a youth retreat, so we haven't been doing geometry this week, but we'll start back tomorrow. We actually only skipped these two days, but it seems like weeks since we last had the class. So I had to pull out the geometry book and figure out what to do for tomorrow and the rest of the week. We're rushing through the class, but my students are sharp, so it's all good. The problem we're having is scheduling, with people being out of the country for this and that. We'll put the class on hiatus for a month or longer after the end of next week, so I don't have any idea when we'll actually finish the second half of the course.

Thinking and writing takes so much energy and effort, and when I'm tired like this I can't think well enough to write much of anything. So why am I writing anything at all? It's probably just to keep on the schedule it seems I've set of writing something every other day. That's why I took the time to write a lousy blog entry. "That makes two in a row. So don't bother next time if you're not going to write anything good," you say. Maybe I won't. That'll teach you a lesson. Yeah! Who's the smart one now?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?