Sunday, June 27, 2004

 

Scattered Thoughts

A strange thing happened to me yesterday. I was at the airport to drop off some people and pick up some others, and this guy came up to me and asked me if I was Joel. Who is this guy? How does he know me? Turns out he was one of my english students... from a class I taught three years ago... for less than a month. How did he remember me? I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a crowd; I wouldn't have recognized him if I were looking straight at him. But he remembered me. Hmm.

I had fun this last week. We didn't do a lot of exciting things, but it was good to have people in the house, especially an old friend. We passed out gospels and tracts and church invitations in a rather wealthy neighborhood nearby. We got stopped and yelled at by the cops, who were trying to stop us from passing out stuff, but they had no authority to stop us, we found out. We went downtown Thursday night and ate enchiladas suizas at the house of tiles. Yum yum. When my older brother was here visiting a couple of years ago we ate at the house of tiles, and I got food poisoning. My brother and I both ate enchiladas suizas and drank limonada, but he didn't get sick. I had been here for over a year, and I got sick. It only lasted for a day, but it was rough for that day, and it forced us to cancel our trip to Acapulco.

Okay, this is the third time I've mentioned the "cannons" in my blog. I don't actually know what they are. We've always called them cannons, but I think they are like really loud bottle rockets. The first two times I mentioned them here I said that they didn't really bother me, and I didn't think about them too much. But today that changed. They started firing the stupid things at 5:00 this morning, and they probably fired 1500 or more of them from 5:00 to 8:00. And they've been doing it all stinking day. I guess now that I've begun thinking about them, and since they woke me up this morning, that now they are driving me crazy. If you want to fire those things off all day, that's one thing. But why do you have to be morons and start firing them at 5:00 in the morning? The sun doesn't rise here until almost 8:00. Absolutely ridiculous.

I watched Shrek 2 yesterday with some of my students and former students. It was pretty good, but not as good as the first. I'm looking forward to seeing Spider Man 2, which comes out here next Friday. I probably won't see it that day, but I'm looking forward to seeing it sometime soon.

So I've done it again. Another post full of scattered thoughts. At least it fits my blog title.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?