Wednesday, June 16, 2004

 

Pizza and a Movie

It has been hot here the last few days (but nothing like in Tennessee). It probably should be raining here nearly every day by this time of the year, but the rains have yet to get consistent. It finally rained last night, so I opened up the windows and door to try to get some of that cool air in the house, because several days' heat buildup had made the house quite warm.

I bought two pizzas yesterday, since Tuesday is two-for-one pizza day. So that's what I ate for lunch and supper yesterday and for lunch today. Yesterday's half-priced hawaiian pizza, totally douched with hot sauce, and a cold Manzana Lift (the original red apple, please)... mmmm... maybe life isn't so bad after all. What about Mexico is there to complain about anyway? The only way I could imagine it getting better would be to share it with... you know... her. How romantic, eh? Reheated pizza, caffeine-laden apple coke, then a half-priced Wednesday movie. If that's my idea of romance, then it might be a good explanation of why I've ne'er had any luck with the ladies.

Speaking of movies, I went to watch "Troy" today. I had wanted to watch it for a while, but since I knew I was going to Mexico, I thought I'd wait until I got here and could watch it for about two and a half dollars... man, I can be cheap. I e'en parked across the street so I wouldn't have to pay for parking. I didn't like the movie at all for the first hour or longer, until they started fighting a lot. Then it got better. But I get mad at movies sometimes, when people do dumb things for dramatic effect. Like in "Troy" when Achilles is tieing up Hector to drag him around, I kept thinking, why don't all those archers on the walls do something? I almost shouted "shoot the (guy)!" But no one would have understood. I might have done it if I were in the USA. I was actually thinking it the whole time they were fighting. What do they really care about "honor?" Apparently the Trojans didn't care when Paris acted like a coward, so why would it matter if it took all the archers of Troy to kill Achilles so that Hector could live? I also got mad at the movie because I thought Hector should have just turned into the Hulk and killed everybody. And isn't Achilles just a figment of Ed Norton's character's imagination anyways? And why didn't Paris summon the legions of Rivendell? Movies... make for so much drama, but so little sense.

Comments:
i thought troy was really good...but you're right. i really thought it was cool how orlando bloom pulled out his legolas card and killed dude! that made me pretty happy!
 
wait i just remembered that it made me happy but then sad again because chick was screaming for him to stop and he wouldn't listen to her. that was pretty gay!
 
Yeah, Orlando Bloom IS gay.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?